How To Decorate a Small Workspace
Do you spend most of your day in an uninviting cramped space with a desk as small as what you had back in kindergarten? You don’t need to shell out big bucks to design your dream office space. Even a tiny workspace can impress guests if you know how to arrange all of your stuff properly. Here are some tips that could be helpful for your next DIY design project:
1. Be a minimalist. A cluttered space tend to be distracting, so take it easy on the decor! Pinterest is a fun website where you can get minimalist office design inspirations.
2. Use a neutral wall paint. Earth tones or light hues make small spaces look big. A neutral wall makes it easier for you to mix and match accents because the colors won't be too harsh on the eyes.
3. Get the right storage. Organizing documents and other office stuff is important if you want a nice, clean look. Choose woven baskets for storing items to match your neutral wall. A white drawer is also great for keeping your other basic office supplies.
4. Ditch the boring whiteboard. Ever heard of the much raved about chalkboard spray paint? You can apply it to any flat surface to have an instant space for jotting down your ideas or simple notes. You can also use acrylic card holders and a whiteboard pen to replace the traditional whiteboard.
5. Go green. A little splash of green won't hurt! Use live plants as decoration to liven up your office space by placing them on corners or tabletops.
There’s no need to spend a fortune just to create an inviting space for you and your workmates. With these tips, I hope you were able to get ideas on how you can spruce up your office area while working on a budget. Happy decorating!
- Grace Greene